Follow INDIA vs NewZealand LIVE
IND vs NZ 3rd T20 – India Playing XI Ahmedabad T20 – The attacking Indian opener Prithvi Shaw can end his international…
IND vs NZ 3rd T20 – India Playing XI Ahmedabad T20 – The attacking Indian opener Prithvi Shaw can end his international cricket exile today. Shaw who is yet to open his T20I RUNS tally, can be drafted in the Indian playing XI for the series-deciding 3rd T20 vs NewZealand today. Head coach Rahul Dravid and batting coach Vikram Rathour held talks during the practice session. The final decision on Shaw’s inclusion will be taken before the match. Also team is yet to take final call on if to bring Umran Malik for Yuzvendra Chahal or not? Follow India vs NewZealand LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN.
Two BIG Decsions in REGARD to Playing XI Pending?
- Prithvi Shaw replaces Shubman Gill?
- Umran Malik in place of Yuzvendra Chahal?
“Though nothing is finalized at this stage but sooner or later he needs to get a look in. In all likelihood Prithvi will play the 3rd T20 as team is keen to give him an opportunity,” informed a source close to Indian team management.
Who Opens for India in Ahmedabad?
- Prithvi Shaw: One and only T20 International he played was against SriLanka in June 2021. He could not open his account
- Shubman Gill: 5 Match – 76 RUNS @ 15.2 Average. His scores in this series are 7 & 11.
- Ishan Kishan: 26 Matches – 652 Runs @ 26 / His Scores this series 4 & 19.
IND vs NZ: Lucknow Pitch Curator REMOVED after horrible pitch conditions in India…
IND vs AUS Test Series: Ahead Of Border Gavaskar Trophy, Virat Kohli & Anushka Sharma take ANOTHER SPIRITUAL TRIP, visit…
IND vs NZ 3rd T20 LIVE: Prithvi Shaw COMING BACK? Dravid, Rathour hold talks during practice, decision on Gill before toss: Follow INDIA vs NewZealand LIVE
Why Prithvi Shaw set to be in XI for 3rd T20? More than Gill’s performance in T20’s so far, Shaw will be in XI as team management is keen to give him opportunity before the series gets over.
This is ODI World Cup year and India hardly will play any T20 International Cricket till the Mega-Event in OCTOBER in India. This is the reason coach Rahul DRAVID is keen to give chance to Shaw in Ahmedabad.
Former India opener Gautam Gambhir also feels Gill’s ‘basic game’ suits ODI cricket more than T20 cricket. On the contrary, Prithvi Shaw is a player whose ‘basic game’ suits the shortest format more.
“He still hasn’t found his feet in T20 format, when it comes to playing international cricket. Sometimes you have to play at a different tempo. His basic game suits 50-over format. Someone like Prithvi Shaw, his basic instinctive game is made for T20 cricket. Shubman Gill is someone whose basic game is made for 50-over format. How quickly he learns and adapts to this format will decide whether he will be able to play all the three formats,” Gambhir asserted.
ND vs NZ 3rd T20 – What other changes in Playing XI? India played with four spinners in the squad in Lucknow including two full-time leg-spinners. But the composition may change depending on the pitch in Ahmedabad. Ahmedabad has produced good, bad and ugly pitches for batters in the last three matches across formats.
In Tests, it was a rank-turner, in ODIs, it was a two-paced wicket while in the last T20, it was a batting heaven. Hence, it’s still not clear how the pitch will behave on Wednesday.
IND vs NZ 3rd T20: What changes to expect in India Playing XI 3rd T20?
- India’s record of 12 consecutive home series record is on the line.
- Unless India make some adjustments to their batting, it winning streak could end.
- Both Shubman and Ishan have struggled and one could make way for Prithvi Shaw.
- While Shubman looks the ideal choice to drop for Prithvi to come in, India may opt to change Ishan well.
- However, if the last T20 at the venue is anything to go by, it will be a difficult pitch to bat on.
- The last T20 at the venue was IPL 2022 Final and both sides struggled to put up runs.
- The last ODI was no different at Narendra Modi Stadium either.
- If it’s two-paced again, India can retain a slower bowler like Yuzvendra Chahal.
- However, if the pitch improves, Umran Malik can come in for Chahal.
In the bowling department, India have shown trust in Arshdeep Singh despite his dip in form. Along with him, Shivam Mavi will also continue. But unlike the Lucknow T20 where India played 4 spinners (Kuldeep, Chahal, Deepak Hooda and Washington Sundar), the strategy will change.
Predicted India Playing XI:
- Shubman Gill/ Prithvi Shaw
- Ishan Kishan (WK)
- Rahul Tripathi
- Suryakumar Yadav
- Hardik Pandya (C)
- Deepak Hooda
- Washington Sundar
- Shivam Mavi
- Kuldeep Yadav
- Yuzvendra Chahal/ Umran Malik
- Arshdeep Singh
India wicketkeeper-batter Dinesh Karthik wants India to include an additional batter in place of a bowler.
“If the wicket is similar or slightly better, they can add a batter. It will definitely be Jitesh Sharma. If a medium pacer is not going to bowl enough, it’s better to get a batter. But if the wicket aids pace, then definitely Umran Malik will be the man,” Dinesh Karthik told Cricbuzz.
India Squad NZ T20: Hardik Pandya (Captain), Suryakumar Yadav (vice-captain), Ishan Kishan (wk), Shubman Gill, Deepak Hooda, Rahul Tripathi, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Washington Sundar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Umran Malik, Shivam Mavi, Prithvi Shaw, Mukesh Kumar
Follow InsideSport on GOOGLE NEWS / Follow IND vs NZ Live Updates with InsideSport.IN.