Paul Thierry will serve as a video assistant referee as he angered Jurgen Klopp during Liverpool’s Premier League game against Tottenham this weekend.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has a bitter history of being selected as an assistant referee for a video of his Premier League clash with Manchester City.
Greater Paul Thierry has been selected to assist Manchester City Judge Anthony Taylor, who is set to win Sunday’s title.
The 41-year-old was outraged by Klopp’s refusal to appeal a Liverpool penalty earlier this season after Diogo Jota was blocked at home during a game against Tottenham in December.
The Reds lost by a 2-2 draw with the Spurs, and their frustration was exacerbated when Harry Kane avoided a red card after a fight with Andy Robertson.
Angry Klopp met Thierry during the break and Emerson tried to get Royal Jota to explain why the official didn’t point him to the ground.
The German said Thierry had “deliberately stopped” to contact the Portuguese striker and accused the referee of “having a problem” with him.
“You always help yourself to play football,” Klopp said. “Looking back at the situation, VAR is there. Why is he stopping? I don’t understand. The lottery is fine. It’s not crazy to think we can’t draw with Tottenham, but these situations are very important.
“I was a little more emotional in the game, but he gave me a yellow card, but wouldn’t he allow it in such a situation? He would come and give me a yellow card, but I would prefer to make the right decision on the field.”
The former Borussia Dortmund boss added: “He’s a real referee who just looks at the situation and judges. He told me he thought he had stopped on purpose. It’s amazing.
“He has the best spot on the pitch, but he doesn’t give it up. You have to ask him what’s wrong with me.”
Klopp hopes there will be less controversy during the crucial battle that tops the table this weekend. Liverpool are one point behind the league leaders and will hardly bear to lose to the Etihad if they want to maintain their real ambitions for the title.
Meanwhile, Anfield arrived in Portugal on Tuesday night before their first Champions League quarter-final clash with Benfica. A positive result at the Estadio da Luz could be important, as it will allow some changes to be made in next week’s second leg between the league match against Klopp City and the FA Cup semi-final.
According to experts, “100 percent”, Liverpool may sign a player to replace the “ready” Jordan Henderson.
Declan Rice is “ready” to replace Jordan Henderson at Liverpool, according to Kevin Phillips.
In an interview with Football Insider, the former Premier League striker said he was “100 percent” confident that Rice, 23, would succeed at Anfield.
Rice’s future has been highly anticipated this year, with West Ham unable to make the top four.
A source familiar with Liverpool’s enrollment told Football Insider (April 2) that Rice is Jurgen Klopp’s preferred midfielder this summer.
However, the Reds’ owners, Fenway Sports Group, are unlikely to sign a huge deal.
According to The Athletic (April 2), Hammer manager David Moyes has stated that he will not sell Rice and that he is worth at least £ 150 million.
Asked if Rice would be a Merseyside player, Phillips Football Insider’s Dylan Childs said, “100 percent.
“He’s almost a ready player for Liverpool. He could be the next Jordan Henderson. Rice reminds me a lot of him.
“I’m not saying Henderson’s time is up. However, there is no replacement for Declan Rice in the long run.
“He can enter the Liverpool midfield without any problems. He has everything and the aggression I like to see. He has no problems playing.”
Henderson signed a new four-year deal with Anfield in August.
He has made 42 appearances in all competitions this season.
In other news, Liverpool owners have said the FSG will not be happy after PSG boss Kieran Maguire made the announcement.