BWF World Tour Finals LIVE- India: India’s ace badminton star PV Sindhu, former World No.1 Kidambi Srikanth and Lakshya Sen along with doubles pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty will be in action on Thursday. Sindhu will player lower-ranked Yvonne Li while Kidambi Srikanth will play Kunlavut Vitidsarn from Thailand. The biggest match of the day will be Lakshya Sen up against World No.1 Victor Axelsen in a battle of David vs Goliath. Meanwhile, Satwiksairaj Rankireddy, Chirag Shetty will also grace the court. Follow BWF World Tour live updates on InsideSport
BWF World Tour Final- India: PV Sindhu, Kidambi Srikanth, Lakshya Sen headline next round fixtures- Follow LIVE updates
PV Sindhu vs Yvonne Li (GER)
- Two-time Olympic medallist and star Indian shuttler PV Sindhu defeated Denmark’s Line Christophersen 21-14, 21-16 in a match that lasted for 38 minutes.
- World No.7 Sindhu will now face 24th ranked Yvonne Li. The duo have only met once at Indonesia Open where Sindhu beat the German in straight sets 21-12, 21-18.
- In-form Sindhu is the favourite to win the match after her heroics in Indonesia Open, French Open.
- Her tournament-best is winning the BWF World Tour Finals in 2018. She will be aiming to repeat her heroics and finally end 2021 with the BWF trophy. Despite clinching bronze at Tokyo Olympics, she has managed to only reach the finals of the Swiss Open this year.
Kickoff: 2.30 PM IST
Lakshya Sen vs Victor Axelsen (DEN)
- India’s rising badminton player Lakshya Sen was declared the winner in his opening Group A clash against Kento Momota after the Japanese shuttler quit the match due to injury. Earlier in the same group, Rasmus Gemke retired against Viktor Axelsen.
- Lakshya Sen will be playing World No.1 in a challenging battle.
- He has lost to Victor Axelsen in both head-to-head matches. In fact, Lakshya is yet to win a set against the Danish giant. The duo had last met in Denmark Open.
- He can draw inspiration from Ace shuttler HS Prannoy who beat Victor Axelsen in straight sets at Indonesia Masters.
Kick-off: 3.30 PM
Kidambi Srikanth vs Kunlavut Vitidsarn (THA)
- In his last game. Kidambi Srikanth defeated France’s Toma Junior Popov 21-14, 21-16 in a match that lasted for 42 minutes.
- World No.14 Srikanth will play 23rd ranked Kunlavut Vitidsarn of Thailand.
- The duo locked horns twice and like in Lakshya’s case, Kidambi is yet to win a set against Vitidsarn. He lost him twice in straight sets and the last battle was Sudirman Cup.
Kickoff: 9.30 AM IST
In the men’s doubles, Denmark’s Kim Astrup and Anders Skaarup Rasmussen thrashed India’s Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty. They will next face Indonesian pair of World No.1 Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo and Marcus Fernaldi Gideon.
For more sports news and BWF World Tour LIVE updates, follow us at InsideSport.IN