KKR vs DC in IPL 2021: R Ashwin vs KKR’s Morgan– Delhi Capitals Ace spinner R Ashwin on Tuesday had the last laugh after he was abused by KKR’s Tim Southee. He took the crucial wicket of Kolkata Knight Riders captain Eoin Morgan for a duck. The Englishmen was caught out of the very second ball he faced off R Ashwin in the 12th over. Follow IPL 2021 live updates on insidesport.co and live streaming on Star Sports & Hotstar.
KKR vs DC in IPL 2021: R Ashwin takes revenge against KKR with Eoin Morgan’s wicket– The development took place within an hour after R Ashwin and KKR pacer Tim Southee were involved in a heated exchange after the former was dismissed by Southee in the last over of the DC innings. Skipper Eoin Morgan had intervened to prevent any escalation of the event.
Heart of the matter?
DC skipper Rishabh Pant and Ashwin had picked a second run off the last ball of the 19th over and that seemed to have irked the KKR outfit as some consider it to be against the guidelines of Fair Play to take a run when the ball thrown by the fielder ricochets off the batter.
KKR skipper Eoin Morgan’s nightmare with the bat continues
- Eoin Morgan has now scored just 15 runs in the last innings that he played in IPL 2021. His scorecards read 0, 8 and 7 runs.
- In 11 matches, Morgan has managed just 107 runs that include a top score of unbeaten 47.
- The Englishmen had left an impact with the bat during the last edition in UAE. KKR needs him to deliver big-time in the remaining matches as the franchise in search of a playoff spot.
- Morgan would have been sacked by KKR if he had failed to deliver as captain. They had managed just 2 wins in 7 matches in the first phase. However, he guided KKR to 2 wins in the last 3 matches.
- If he fails to deliver as a batsman then KKR might leave Morgan from playing XI. We have seen David Warner being sacked from captaincy and playing XI owing to poor form.
For more sports news and IPL 2021 live score & latest updates, follow us at insidesport.co
(with ANI inputs)