When it comes to professional tennis, one needs to have proper kit and equipment. One of the integral parts of tennis appraisal is shoes. However, there are many people who confuse tennis shoes with sneakers. There is a huge difference between them. In this article we will clear all your doubts.
Sneakers are daily wear shoes. Their sole is made of rubber. They are simple athletic shoes with soles made up of rubber with a topping of canvas or synthetic materials. Sneakers are not designed for any sports. They can be worn on every occasion. They don’t have lateral support, non-scuffing soles, or shock-absorbing material.
Tennis shoes are especially designed to meet the athletic needs of the game. They offer support to the leg and help in swift movements and also helps in preventing ankle injury. These shoes are made up of special material which absorbs shock and comforts the body. The shock absorbent shoes avoid excessive friction in the joints.
Difference Between Tennis Shoes and Sneakers
- The most basic difference is the purpose. Tennis shoes are specifically designed for tennis whereas sneakers are casual shoes that can be used at multiple occasions.
- Tennis shoes are manufactured keeping in mind the demand of the game. On the other hand, sneakers are made as per the latest fashion and trends in the market.
- Sneakers are made up of multiple materials such as canvas, denim etc. Tennis shoes on the other hand are made up of shock absorbent material.
- Sneakers are light in weight as compared to tennis shoes. The reason being tennis shoes having extra material for the support.
- All tennis shoes are sneakers but all sneakers are not tennis shoes.
- The price of tennis shoes is comparatively higher than the sneakers.
- One can buy sneakers for any other but tennis shoes are available in limited stores only.